Biostatistics Collaboration [WLO: 1] [CLOs: 3, 5]
Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, review Chapters 18, 19, 20 and Appendix F from the course text, Statistics for People Who (Think They) Hate Statistics: Using Microsoft Excel.
This discussion is an opportunity to reflect on your learning from this course and engage in a closing conversation about the course with your instructor and class peers. As you complete this class, take the time to reflect on learning from the course and prepare for the next steps in your educational journey. More than a mere reaction, this discussion calls on you to think deeply about your learning and to describe that thinking for the class in depth.
Create your initial post to include the following items:
- Describe the three most significant things you have learned in this course. These could be knowledge, skills, or attitudes related to the course topic or related to your abilities as a student, or other relevant learning for you professionally or personally that resulted from your participation in this course.
- What is the significance of health informatics and public health as supporting disciplines to each other?
- Describe when you would use and compute common descriptive statistics.
- Describe different concepts and reasoning strategies you learned from the course.
- Describe one challenge and one success you experienced during this course, noting how you overcame the challenge and describing what supported the success. The challenge and success may be related to your coursework, study experiences, interactions with peers and the instructor, or another area of your choice.
- Discuss why testing the means between related groups and factorial analysis of variance could be used in health care research.
Guided Response: Review several of your colleagues’ posts and respond to at least three of your peers by 11:59 p.m. on Day 7 of the week. In your responses, ask specific questions about your peers’ reflection to encourage further conversation. You might also discuss factors that might have contributed to differences and similarities among your responses about learning, challenges, successes, and anticipated applications of learning from this course. Additionally, please provide a resource for your peers about one or more things they want to learn more about, using the University of Arizona Global Campus Library or providing resources from the web associated with their chosen topics.
Your initial post and your three response posts must be posted on three different days of the week. Include all references in APA StyleLinks to an external site. as outlined by the Writing CenterLinks to an external site..