Each student will submit a 2–3-page reflection paper. To avoid point deductions, please adhere to the following guidelines:
• Title Page (does not count toward the 2-3 page limit)
• Reference Page (does not count toward the 2-3 page limit)
• First Person (use terms I, me, my, etc.)
• Times New Roman 12 pt (or similar size)
• Double Space (no extra spaces between paragraphs)
• 1-Inch Margins (on all sides) • Well-Written Paragraphs Only (do not use bullets or numbers)
• Indent Paragraphs (use ½ inch indentation)
The reflection paper will include the following three (3) sections. Each section has several guiding questions to assist in developing a well-derived plan of action. Each section may consist of one or more well-written paragraphs. Do not include the questions in your paper.
Body of the Paper (must be a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 3 pages)
Section 1: The Leadership Practicum Project Reflection
• Give at least three examples of specific learning (from previous DHA 801-808 coursework) that you used to help you complete your leadership practicum project. Be specific by referencing DHA courses by number, articles read by title/author, strategies used, case studies evaluated, and other relevant learning. Kotter’s 8-steps does not count as one of the three examples.
( Pick one thing from each of the three articles-DHA 801-Go Boldly, DHA 802 =-Active Listening, DHA 802-Good Leadership Is About Communicating “Why” Each article is attached.
• Identify and discuss one part of your leadership practicum project that when implemented over the last few weeks went exactly as planned. What do you attribute to this success and why?
Project is attached.
• Identify and discuss one part of your leadership practicum project that when implemented over the last few weeks proved to be a challenge. What might you have done differently to address this challenge and why?
Project is attached.
• Now that the leadership practicum project is completed, what would you do differently to ensure improved or enhanced outcomes and why? This is not the same as the challenge you identified in the previous question but rather more about your organization and implementation of the entire project.
Section 2: Accountability Partners Reflection
• Sometimes leaders must quickly develop and implement plans to achieve goals. Discuss the process you used to select and connect with your accountability partners to form a group of three prior to the first zoom class. What made this process successful or not?
My partners were cohorts from another class. I knew they both participants in class with great interaction. We reached out to each other. The process was successful because we were all aware of each other.
• Leaders often map out the scope of the work and determine how a team will work together to achieve their goals. Discuss the group norms/expectations your accountability team agreed upon to ensure that all team members had sufficient time to answer the discussion board questions and read/respond to their accountability partners’ posts before the deadline. What made this process successful or not?
We agreed at the beginning the deadline date to post our discussion post and response. This was successful due to the fact that if one of us notice the work was not done then we would contact the team with our group text.
• Leaders understand that team success is achievable when all team members focus on the tasks required and ensure that the end product represents the expected deliverable. Comment on the feedback you received from your accountability partners. Was it timely? Did it serve as a second “lens” to ensure that you had answered and addressed all discussion forum questions? Did it provide positive reinforcement of your thinking? Did it challenge or stretch your thinking? Did your accountability partners acknowledge any new learnings or insights they gained as a result of reading your posts? Go beyond “yes/no” answers for the questions listed. Provide specific evidence and examples to support your conclusions.
We as a team made sure that the feedback was posted in an timely manner by communicating with each other in a group text. Also in the group text we uplifted each other weekly. In one of my post I shared that having too much empathy was one of my weakness as a leader. My cohort were able to show me how my empathy was also a strong strength in being a good leader. I was able to redirect my thinking and use it more wisely.
• Leaders understand that feedback is an essential part of team growth, learning and success. Comment on the feedback you provided to your accountability partners. Was it timely? Did it serve as a second “lens” to ensure that they had answered and addressed all discussion forum questions? Did it provide positive reinforcement of their thinking? Did it challenge or stretch their thinking? Did you acknowledge any new learnings or insights you gained as a result of reading your accountability partners’ posts? Go beyond “yes/no” answers for the questions listed. Provide specific evidence and examples to support your conclusions.
Please add more- One of my cohort and I had two different opinions on family members working in the same place. I was able to provide my cohort with my feelings and the reasons for why I was against family members working in the same place. We was both able to look at things from the others point of view and realize that it could be a good and bad thing depending on the situation.
Section 3: Advice to Future DHA 809 Cohorts
• Leaders understand the importance ongoing success, sustainability and the role they play in assisting the next generation of leaders. Now that you have finished the DHA 809 course, what advice would you give to the next DHA 809 Leadership Practicum cohort that will aid them in being successful in this course?