Week 14 DiscussionThis is a required assignment worth 15 points (15-points/1000-points). The assignment must be submitted by the due date. No late assignments are allowed. Please discuss the following topics and provide substantive comments to at least two other posts. Select from the following list four (4) topics and discuss. Use only 50-words max per topic to discuss and present your answer. This week’s discussion questions are from Chapters 16-17 (Jamsa, 2013).Chapter 16 topics:
- Define and describe the total cost of ownership. List at least 10 items to consider when determining a data center’s total cost of ownership.
- Define and describe a capital expense. How are capital expenses different from operational expenses?
- Define and describe economies of scale and provide a cloud-based example.
- Define and describe “right-sizing” as it pertains to cloud computing.
- Define Moore’s law and discuss how it might influence cloud migration.
- Given company revenues of $2.5 million and expenses of $2.1 million, calculate the company’s profit and profit margin.
Chapter 17 topics:
- Compare and contrast functional and nonfunctional requirements and provide an example of each.
- Discuss why a designer should avoid selecting an implementation platform for as long as possible during the design process.
- Discuss various trade-offs a designer may need to make with respect to nonfunctional requirements.
- Discuss why the system maintenance phase is often the most expensive phase of the software development life cycle.