In this assignment you will examine how advances in technology and telehealth have improved health care in rural communities. Transportation, health monitoring, timelines, and communication within the health care system are key areas where telehealth can reduce or minimize challenges and burdens with patient encounters. The increased use of telehealth and the application of interoperable systems increases the need to protect patient information and health care system data. You will write a paper to assess how telehealth, interoperability, and Health Information Systems (HIMS) can be used to deliver health care services and improve patient-centric health care practices in rural communities.
Write a 4–6 page paper in which you:
- Determine three key health care services that could be delivered by telehealth in rural communities.
- Examine three technologies applied in telehealth for delivery of three selected health care services.
- Critique how interoperability requirements applied to telehealth improve the delivery of three selected health care services.
- Examine how Health Information Management Systems (HIMS) are applied in telehealth for delivery of three selected health care services.
- Propose how the application of telehealth for the delivery of three selected health care services could improve patient-centric health care practices.
- Use at least three sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Propose how interoperability requirements, technology, and Health Information Management Systems (HIMS) can improve patient centric health care practices.