- In this course, you will be analyzing an existing strategic plan based on the information you have learned throughout the coursework in your MBA program.
Research and select a sample strategic plan in an industry with which you are familiar or interested. Be sure it includes the various components of a typical strategic plan. Reference Figure 1.1 “Identifying a Company’s Strategy—What to Look For” in Ch. 1 of your text.
Identify in 350 to 525 words what the plan does well, in addition to areas for improvement.
Discuss whether the plan:
- Clearly states where the organization is going and how it will get there
- Evaluates the organization’s external and internal environments
- Includes a people plan and addresses achievement of a diverse workforce
- Includes corporate social responsibility and environmental sustainability
- Submit the plan and its citation to your faculty member for approval. This will be used in Wks 4 and 5 of the course.