WEEK 6 DISCUSSION QUESTIONS- THERE ARE 2 DIFFERENT QUESTIONS TO ANSWER
QUESTION 1. Analyze the various means of tourism (rail, automobile, and coach travel; airlines; cruise ships) to determine which sector you anticipate will grow the most in the next 20 years. Explain your rationale.
QUESTION 2. Read an article about the use of stable isotopes in forensic analysis for law-enforcement purposes. You may read one of the suggested articles, below, or one of your own choosing:
- A Different Kind of CSI: Crime and Stable Isotopes.
- Stable Isotopes in Forensics.
- Oxygen Isotopes Help ID 2016 Human Remains News.
In your own words, explain what a stable isotope is and how stable isotope analysis can be an aid to law enforcement forensics. The post should be at least 125 words. Don’t forget to cite your source!
WEEK 7 DISCUSSION QUESTIONS – THERE ARE 2 DIFFERENT QUESTIONS
QUESTION 1. In America, private clubs are allowed to discriminate against who is allowed to join. Either defend this position or argue against it, supporting your position with evidence or an example.
QUESTION 2. There are many new and fascinating materials being used in a huge variety of applications: construction, manufacturing, medicing, even fashion.
Select an article/video about an innovative material (either from the list below or find your own), tell us about it in your own words:
1. What is made of?
2. How is it made?
3. What properties and characteristics make it special or useful?
4. Give some examples of its application
5. Don’t forget to cite your sources
Your main post should be at least 125 words.
- Be sure to respond to at least one of your classmates’ posts.
- Graphene: https://www.graphenea.com/pages/graphene#.YcyLRsnMJhE
- Biocomposites: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNoMyg-xZu4
- Liquid Crystals: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEPefMCvN60
- Spider silk: https://www.gearpatrol.com/tech/a466684/bolt-threads-synthetic-spider-silk/
- Self-healing metals: https://www.technologyreview.com/2013/12/17/174995/self-healing-metals