review Figures 3.3, p.65 from your textbook. Complete an Industry Analysis for two different industries then compare these industries by answering the following questions.
- Detail Porter’s Five Forces framework with a graphic representation, like Figure 3.3, (p.65), and a written explanation in relation to the Five Forces for both industries.
- Use the results from Porter’s Five Forces framework to explain the reasons why profitability is what it is in the two different industries expressed as high, intermediate, or low.
- Explain the structural features of that industry that generate either high or low profitability.
- How are structural changes likely to impact competition and profitability in these industries? Is this industry attractive for investment? Why or why not?
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 4 to 5 pages in length, which does not include the required title and reference pages, which are never a part of the content minimum requirements.
- Use APA style guidelines.
- Support your submission with course material concepts, principles, and theories from the textbook and at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles unless the assignment calls for more.
- It is strongly encouraged that you submit all assignments into the Turnitin Originality Check before submitting it to your instructor for grading. If you are unsure how to submit an assignment into the Originality Check tool, review the Turnitin Originality Check—Student Guide for step-by-step instructions.
- Chapters 3 & 4 in Contemporary Strategy Analysis
- Chapter 3 PowerPoint slides Chapter 3 PowerPoint slides – Alternative Formats in Contemporary Strategy Analysis
- Chapter 4 PowerPoint slides Chapter 4 PowerPoint slides – Alternative Formats in Contemporary Strategy Analysis
- Isabelle, D., Horak, K., McKinnon, S., & Palumbo, C. (2020). Is Porter’s Five Forces Framework Still Relevant? A study of the capital/labour intensity continuum via mining and IT industries. Technology Innovation Management Review, 10(6), 28–41. https://doi.org/10.22215/timreview/1366.
- Yas, H., Mardani, A., Albayati, Y. K., Lootah, S. E., & Streimikiene, D. (2020). The Positive Role of the Tourism Industry for Dubai City in the United Arab Emirates. Contemporary Economics, 14(4), 601–616. https://doi.org/10.5709/ce.1897-9254.430.