Read Steven Strauss’ article, The Connection Between Education, Income Inequality, and Unemployment (Links to an external site.).
- Describe how a country can measure its income inequality.
- Evaluate the effect of income inequality on the U.S. economy, such as unemployment, economic growth, and other economic factors.
- Estimate the gap between those who hold bachelor’s and higher (master or doctoral) degrees and those who do not.
- Explain reasons why the inequality gap between educated and less-educated workers has been widening.
- Evaluate whether increasing opportunities for higher education can reduce income inequality.
- Analyze what else causes U.S. income inequality to widen.
- Recommend how to reduce educationally based income inequality or other factors if you were a federal policy maker.