The Chief Technology Officer of Widgets, Inc. wants to protect the company’s data currently stored on a main data server. The CTO wants a backup and storage solution that provides for high availability for data access, redundant storage over the network, and the fastest restoration time possible should a loss take place.
Based on your assigned reading and supplemental research, provide a proposed solution for the CTO of Widgets, Inc. Include a discussion of various backup and redundancy solutions. Be sure to include in your presentation the following: RAID, NAS, DAS, data protection, redundancy, and high availability.
Create a PowerPoint presentation explaining the backup and redundancy concepts, how they compare to or work with each other, and provide a backup/redundancy solution for the CTO of Widgets, Inc.
You want the presentation to be persuasive and convince the chief technology officer to accept your proposal. Use the notes section of the PowerPoint slides for the words you want to use in the presentation. The slides themselves should contain graphics, charts, images, and limited text bullet points.
Make sure your presentation addresses the following:
- Presentation should include an introduction, conclusion, and list of references in APA format.
- It should present a backup storage and redundancy solution that provides for high availability for data access, redundant storage over the network, and the fastest restoration time possible should a loss take place.
- Presentation should be 8–10 slides.
- Presentation should highlight the important elements found in your research using paraphrasing, summary, or quoting. Ideas that are not common knowledge or your own original thoughts must be properly cited in APA style.
- Graphics (charts, tables, and other graphic elements should be used to emphasize critical and key aspects from the research).
- Presentation should contain more detailed notes than what is shown on the presentation slide.
- Minimum concepts to cover and explain in the presentation are high availability, RAID, NAS, and DAS.
- Presentation must not include any confidential information, and must properly acknowledge any proprietary information, trade names, and trademarks.