- Week 10 DiscussionDiscussion Topic Due November 25 at 11:59 PMFor this assignment, make sure you post your initial response to the Discussion Area by the due date assigned.
To support your work, use your course and text readings and also use outside sources. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Respond to at least two of your classmates. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion by the end of the week.
Assisted Reproductive Technology
Complete the followin discussions:
- rDNA technology, also known as gene cloning, is a technique widely used in medical research. It involves adding genes from one organism to the genome of another. This technology has also been used to produce drugs to treat a variety of illnesses.
- Identify a drug produced by rDNA technology, other than the drugs listed in your textbook. Describe the illness it is used to treat. In your opinion, should this technology be used to treat patients? Why or why not?
- Genetic testing is widely used to identify a variety of diseases and helps predict their outcomes. Newborn screening is a type of genetic testing routinely performed to detect a variety of disorders. However, each state regulates the number of tests that can be performed.
- Search the Internet and review your state’s regulations for newborn screening. Determine the number and types of tests being performed in your state.
- In your opinion, should all states be mandated to screen for all disorders that newborn screening detects?
- Why or why not?