- Access the Nano.gov web site. Click on Nanotechnology 101 and read about, what it is and how it works. Then click on Nanotechnology and You and review the 6 subsections. https://www.nano.gov/
- After reading and studying information about nanotechnology, outline a research study question that measures the impact of nanotechnology in health information technology.
- Case Study. Find the case study on page 608, Chapter 25, of your textbook and answer the following questions.
- How would you use the bioethical checklist recommended by Bennett and Naranja to address this situation? (SeeBennett, M. G., & Naranja, R. J. (2013). Getting nano tattoos right – a checklist of legal and ethical hurdles for an emerging nanomedical technology. Semantic Scholar.
- What ethical principles are at play within this scenario?
- How might you educate the patient on what nanotechnology is and how it works to alleviate concerns?
- What common treatments for smoking cessation and cardiac disease might you use to compare the tattoo treatment to and to explain how nanotechnology works?