Minimum length: 3.25 pages, double-spaced, plus Works Cited page
- use proper Modern Language Association (MLA) formatting – this means one-inch margins on all sides and twelve point Times New Roman font
- failure to reach the minimum length will result in a grade no higher than 70
- your Works Cited should include any sources/texts mentioned in your critique: you may, theoretically, have an infinite number of sources, but for options one, two, and four (Short Story, One-Act Play, and Film), you must have at least four: your primary source/text, one scholarly source and at least two others from diverse forms of media; you must also have at least four from diverse forms of media, including a scholarly source for option three (Debate/Discourse), but the “rules” are slightly different because you might not have a concrete primary source/text depending on your topic…
- no submission without a Works Cited will pass, and no submission with a botched Works Cited will receive a grade higher than a “C”
“Rough”/first draft due by midnight Sunday November 7
- for credit, attach the document to an email or Canvas message by the end of that date
Final draft due no later than midnight Sunday November 14 via Turnitin
- you’ll still have one optional revision opportunity via Turnitin
- late work will be penalized
- keep in mind that in addition to scheduled online conferences, you may seek assistance during my online office hours,
during the Eleven O’Tomb,via Smarthinking or the Learning Commons.
- plagiarism will result in an “F” on the assignment
- include a header: Last name and page number in top right corner.
- the top of the first page of submissions should be formatted thusly:
Day Month Year (29 Oct 2021)