Mobile forensics is a fast-evolving science with rapid changes to techniques capable of accessing and analyzing data from mobile devices.
Digital crimes using mobile devices is growing. Criminal activity utilizing a mobile device leaving traces that can be important evidence in a criminal investigation. The advanced and constantly improving methods for analyzing technical evidence makes mobile forensics a rapidly growing field.
When considering a career in mobile forensics, it might be useful to consider how to overcome the challenges you will face. We have listed five key challenges here. In this lab you write a research paper 750 words in length using APA style addressing these five challenges in mobile forensics:
- What are the challenges with mobile password security and encryption in a forensics investigation?
- How do Operating Systems on mobile devices differ and how do digital forensics investigators address those differences?
- What software tools and equipment are necessary to extract evidence for mobile forensics investigation?
- What anti-forensics techniques do criminals use to circumvent mobile forensics analysis?
- What are the roles and responsibilities of manufacturers and software developers in assisting with the process of mobile forensics?