After watching the videos in the Module/Week 3 Reading & Study folder, answering the following questions:
- Define polyptych.
- Define iconoclasm.
- How tall is the Ghent Altarpiece?
- How many figures are depicted when the piece is closed? How are they depicted?
- What is the medium?
- When the Altarpiece is open, who is in the center of the work and how are they depicted?
- What is the theme of this work?
- What does the pelican symbolize?
- List 3 interesting finds or symbols included in the Arnolfini Portrait.
2. Why did printmaking become a major pictorial medium in Northern Europe during the fifteenth century? Choose a word discussed in Chapter 19 and explain how it supports your answer.
Your paper should be 1–2 pages formatted in APA style and submitted as a Word document.