A brick-and-mortar store with 50 locations in North America and about 10 locations in Europe is trying to make its presence on the internet. Its strategic goal is to increase online revenues by 20% in five years while retaining its physical store presence.
You are assigned to develop a plan for the online venture. It is your goal to make a difference. It is a for-profit model with brick-and-mortar and online models to channel the revenues. You will need to use one of the online business models that complements the brick-and-mortar model. In developing a plan, you must take into consideration the potential ethical concerns, social impacts, and legal issues involved in undertaking the venture. Keep in mind that some of the customers are in EU, so make sure applicable EU privacy laws are followed.
In a well-written paper, develop a plan that addresses the above considerations. You should include the following in your plan:
- a basic overview of the hybrid model of the venture, including its mission;
- the type of business model to be used for the venture;
- a summary of how this venture will appeal to European customers;
- an analysis of the affects this venture might have on European culture (where applicable);
- any ethical issues this business can address, could encounter, or both;
- potential risks associated with operating an online venture in conjunction with brick-and-mortar stores;
- strategies for protecting privacy (HINT: GDPR);
- discussion of any needed copyrights, trademarks, patents, or trade secrets, if applicable; and
- potential benefits brought about by this venture.
Your paper should also meet the following requirements:
- Be eight to ten pages in length.
- Include at least three references from the readings or outside sources. The CSU Global Library is a good place to find your sources.
- Follow APA formatting according to the CSU Global Writing Center.