Your first task is to evaluate the constraints faced in your selected organization and to provide recommendations for improvement utilizing the methodologies of the Theory of Constraints, Six Sigma, and Lean. You should address the following:
· Analyze some of the basic details about the organization. At minimum, the basic details should include: the industry and products/services the organization offers, the overall operational and financial health of the organization, and a qualitative or systems diagram summary of how the organization operates to fulfill its commitments to customers.
· Analyze what you believe to be the fundamental physical, policy, or market constraints that are preventing your organization from moving to the next level of performance. Be sure to clearly identify each primary constraint and provide a detailed argument and evidence for why you think each is a primary constraint to organizational performance. Be sure to support your response with appropriate concepts from performance management and/or systems thinking.
· For each of the fundamental physical, policy, or market constraints that you identified as preventing your organization from moving to the next level of performance, justify a specific recommendation for how to elevate, support, and potentially eliminate the constraint.
· Using the concepts of throughput accounting and Theory of Constraints accounting measurements for each of your recommendations, evaluate how the primary metrics of T, I, and OE would be affected and why the recommendations would make sense from a performance measurement perspective.
Your second task is to evaluate the organization in terms of social responsibility and ethical considerations. You should address the following:
· Identify the major stakeholders of the organization. Illustrate how the organization’s actions do or do not effect positive social change for these stakeholders (explain in detail).
· Through a systems thinking lens, apply improvements to the organization to positively effect social change.
· From a systems perspective, evaluate the organization’s performance in terms of diversity and inclusion.
· Assess whether there is a relationship between ethics and inclusion (explain and substantiate your position). Recommend what improvements can be implemented to positively impact both.
Develop an executive summary of your overall evaluation to be presented to the upper management team. This should consist of a 1- to 2-slide PowerPoint deck.