- Review the Learning Resources on developing a vision statement. Focus on the strategies for developing an effective vision statement.
- Review the Learning Resources on preventing unintended outcomes/consequences. Pay particular attention to the examples of unintended outcomes/consequences and the strategies that can be used to prevent them.
- Reflect on the social problem that you selected for your Final Project.
- Think about how you would create a vision statement that articulates what the problem would look like if it were solved.
- Identify potential unintended outcomes/consequences associated with solving the problem. Consider how you would prevent the unintended outcomes/consequences.
Addresses the following components of the Final Project. Be sure to incorporate any relevant feedback that you received from your Instructor on last week’s assignment.
- Refine the Problem Statement. Refine your problem statement, based on what you learned from your peers, your Instructor, and/or the Learning Resources this week and in previous weeks.
- Develop a Vision Statement. Develop a vision statement of what the problem would look like if it were solved. The vision statement should be 1–2 sentences long.
- Identify Unintended Outcomes/Consequences. Describe the risks for unintended outcomes/consequences that might arise when addressing the problem. Explain how you would prevent the unintended outcomes/consequences.