Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapter 9 in your course textbook and the article Workplace Bullying: Costly and Preventable.
Bullying often occurs in organizations and, in some cases, can go unchecked. A properly prepared organization works proactively to prevent bullying by having the proper training and policies in place. Even so, bullying may occur in an organization from time to time. During this assignment, operate from a management lens and address a bullying incident that occurred in a real organization. Research a bullying incident in an actual organization to complete the assignment.
This assignment consists of two parts. For the first part of this assignment, you will need to craft a memo that addresses the organizational response to bullying. The second portion requires you to elucidate three ways that would sufficiently and successfully communicate the memo to the organization.
Part 1: The Memo
For the first part of the assignment,
- Create an organizational response that addresses the bullying incident in the workplace.
- Identify how it will be addressed, mitigated and prevented.
- Incorporate stats from the article Workplace Bullying: Costly and Preventable .
- Outline four relevant points that an organizational training program could utilize to address the negative effects of the bullying incident in the workplace.
For guidance on writing a business memo, see the Writing Center resource Writing a Business Memo (Links to an external site.).
Part 2: Analysis of Communication Technology
For the second part of the assignment,
- Select three communication technologies to communicate the policy.
- Formulate two benefits and one limitation of each selected technology.
Along with the Workplace Bullying: Costly and Preventable article, use at least two other credible sources in addition to the textbook to support your paper.
The Preventing and Mitigating Workplace Bullying paper,
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style (Links to an external site.) as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Microsoft Word (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper in bold font
- Space should appear between the title and the rest of the information on the title page.
- Student’s name
- Name of institution (University of Arizona Global Campus)
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Due date
- Title of paper in bold font
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least two credible sources in addition to the course text and the Workplace Bullying: Costly and Preventable article.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view The University of Arizona Global Campus Library Quick ‘n’ Dirty (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the University of Arizona Global Campus Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment