Assignment: Fortune 500 Companies
In this assignment, you will broaden the scope at how the firm functions in different parts of the world and what it can do to maximize its effectiveness as a global organization. A strategic audit will be performed and forecasts will be made for the next 2 years.
For this assignment, use the same Fortune 500 Company that you have already researched in Unit 4. The focus here is on both domestic (American) and global operations. The assignment incorporates how the firm functions in different parts of the world and what it can do to maximize its effectiveness as a global organization.
Course Outcomes practiced and assessed in this assignment:
GB540-4: Integrate concepts of regional, national, and global economic behavior with macroeconomic theory.
PC-4.1: Assess the value of multiculturalism and diversity in a global environment.
Begin by reviewing the following websites as resources for your assignment:
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). (2017). Economic indicators.
U.S. Department of Commerce. (n.d.). Key economic indicators. https://www.commerce.gov/economicindicators
U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. (n.d.). Major economic indicators. https://www.bls.gov/bls/newsrels.htm
Select 6–10 macroeconomic indicators that are of particular relevance to your firm and explain how they affect the performance of the company.
Outline strategies on how the firm should respond to the changes in the economic indicators with the goal of maximizing revenues in the years ahead.
How have they done in the past? What is their current state?
What kinds of plans and possibilities do they have for the future? Is there room for improving what they do?
Should new ventures be added or old ones subtracted?
Then, discuss the firm’s global operations, and their influences on the regional and national levels. You also need to assess the value of multiculturalism and diversity in operating (managing) a company in a global environment.
As you can see, the field is wide open for you to construct your paper in the most relevant way you see fit.
As part of the assignment, you will need to include the following:
- Your assignment should have a title page with the following information: Title of the paper, Your Name, Course Number and Section Number, and Date
- It must be a minimum of 5-pages long (excluding the title page, references, etc.)
- Be sure to include the criteria located in the grading rubric within your paper.
- It must be APA formatted with citations to your sources and your last page should list all references used. Review the APA formats found in the Writing Center.
- You must use a variety of three objectives, high-quality, and current sources. Peer reviewed articles, articles published in journals, textbooks, and library resources found in the Library are examples of high-quality resources.
- Note that Wikipedia, Investopedia, etc. are not considered as reliable resources for this research.
Notes from teacher –
Here are some things you need to think about before you start your Unit 6 paper:
- Make sure to use informative supporting graphics where they will add to the paper, such as tables, charts, and diagrams. If you get these diagrams from a source, cite the source just as you would for verbal material.
- Don’t use “we” or “our” pronouns, as you’re not writing as part of the company.
- Avoid getting distracted with various PR information on the company website that is intended to make the company look good. There is no need for page after page on the company’s vision, mission, values, solar panels, recycling bins, or charitable efforts. None of this is vital to the objectives of the presentation. It is best if you get your information about the company from a variety of sources, not just from the company website.
- It is critical that you follow the supplied links on macroeconomic indicators (these are on the page where you can click to find the rubric for the assignment). Some students have tried writing their papers without understanding what macroeconomic indicators are, and that’s usually disastrous. These are not the same as financial information on the firm, e.g., “return on equity” or “earnings” or “profits.” Economic indicators pertain to the economy as a whole, and there are some that firms might find particularly important for them to follow. For instance, Home Depot might want to look at building permits, among others. Here is one link to get you started–it contains a list of economic indicators: http://www.census.gov/economic-indicators/
- Finally, as with your other papers, watch grammar, spelling, and formatting.
Make sure you have addressed all the components of the rubric before you turn this in. Students often forget the rubric item on multiculturalism.”
Also I think you used the Target corporation on the unit 4 assignment you did for me for this class