Your boss, the Director of Human Resources at a prominent academic hospital, has asked you to prepare a two-part expository PowerPoint presentation to new employees during orientation. Your PowerPoint is to familiarize new staff from both clinical and administrative departments with the most common clinical and healthcare management terminology, to which they will be exposed and expected to use on their new job. Terminology shared should include aspects of taxonomies, clinical vocabularies, terminologies, and nomenclatures used in healthcare settings. A minimum of three slides should be dedicated to each department. Finally, include a section devoted to how management and clinical departments communicate for patient care. Provide examples for at least two levels of care (inpatient, outpatient, nursing facility, etc.).
While preparing to complete this presentation, think about the following questions:
- What information will you include in your PowerPoint slides?
- What notations will you make in the speaker’s notes for your boss to stress?
- How will you organize the material so that it will be presented effectively for new employees exposed to terminology that you use daily?
- This assignment must be a Microsoft® PowerPoint®. Include extensive speaker notes. Slides should be uncluttered.
- The presentation should be a minimum of 12, but no more than 14 slides. Be sure to include a title and reference slide.
- Provide specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements noted in the assignment introduction.
- Your presentation should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
- Your PowerPoint must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics.
- Your PowerPoint should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- Your writing/speaker notes should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- Be sure to include both in-text citations and reference listings for all sources. A separate slide at the end of your presentation should contain a list of references, in APA 7th edition format. Use the assigned reading, the Library, and the internet for scholarly research.
- Review the writing resources for APA formatting and citation found in Academic Tools. Additional writing resources can be found within the Academic Success Center.
Submitting your work:
Submit your assignment to the appropriate Dropbox.