As companies expand abroad and decide to enter foreign markets, a host of items need to be considered. Please complete the following scenario:
You are hired as a consultant to help a midsize U.S.-based company expand into new regions. The company is currently only in the U.S. domestic market. You are tasked with selecting three host countries for the company to expand into within the next five years. For this assignment, you may select the industry of the company and the three host countries. Prepare a persuasive report on why you have selected these specific host countries. In addition, state the mode of entry for each country and any challenges that need to be addressed. (This should not be a narrative but a business report. Please do not use “I”).
In your paper,
- Create a fictitious company with a brief background (size, industry, organizational style, etc.).
- Select three host countries for the company’s international expansion.
- Analyze three host countries regarding the viability of the company expanding into each one.
- Explain the mode of entry into each country.
- Address any challenges that may arise for entering each host country.
- Include at least one chart, table, or graph. Please review Tables, Images, & Appendices (Links to an external site.) from the Writing Center for assistance.
The International Expansion: New Venture paper
- Must be 500 to 600 words in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Microsoft Word (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least five recent credible sources, two of which must to scholarly, in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view this Quick and Easy Library Research (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the Ashford University Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.