Question 1: (15 pages paper 10 references)
● Revise all sections of the prospectus that you developed during previous weeks and submit the entire draft, using the prospectus template, including appendices (if relevant).
● Include the title page and a complete and properly formatted reference list for all in-text citations.
● The draft of the prospectus should include at least 15 pages, excluding title page, table of contents, references, and appendices.
Please note, in addition to your textbook, your prospectus should contain at least ten scholarly references in a cumulative list that incorporates all sources cited during the past weeks of the class. All references should be cited within the prospectus text.
Question 2:(1 page 2 references)
Review the readings of this week and assess the following concepts:
● When is the chi-squared statistic used in testing hypotheses? Include underlying assumptions and the test statistic for testing hypotheses on a single population variance.
● What is a correlation coefficient? What is the range of its possible values, and why?
● How do you determine if a correlation coefficient is statistically significant?
● In a simple regression, what is the coefficient of determination, and how is it interpreted?
you can do this assignment in Excel.
To determine the effectiveness of a sleeping drug, 75 people were randomly selected; 25 were randomly assigned to take the drug, 25 were randomly assigned to take the placebo, and the other 25 did not receive any treatment. The time to fall asleep after going to bed was measured for the three groups. Answer the questions that follow.
You want to conduct a one-way ANOVA to examine if there is a statistically significant difference at a 5% level between the average time to fall asleep of the three groups.
- Clearly state your research questions and state the null and alternative hypotheses in the proper conventional format. Define any symbol that you use to state your hypothesis.
- Identify the independent (factors) and dependent variables.
- Report your results and state your conclusion regarding the hypotheses.
- Interpret the F and p values.
- What is the real-life implication of your Step 3 results?
- What are the assumptions of a one-way ANOVA? Do the assumptions hold for the data used in this exercise?