PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW
Sexuality is an important part of each person’s quality of life. Research indicates that awareness of sexual identity and its importance may begin as early as age 3. However, individuals with varying diagnoses, disorders, or dysfunctions may grapple with issues related to their sexuality in their teen years, as well as into adulthood.
In this Discussion, you will explore the assessment and treatment of gender dysphoria, paraphilic disorders, and sexual dysfunction.
- Analyze diagnostic criteria for gender dysphoria, paraphilic disorders and sexual dysfunction
- Analyze evidence-based psychotherapy and psychopharmacologic treatments for gender/sexual disorders
- Compare differential diagnostic features of gender/sexual disorders
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Select a gender dysphoria, paraphilic disorder, or sexual dysfunction that interests you.
- Review the Learning Resources.
By Day 3
- Explain the diagnostic criteria for the gender dysphoria, paraphilic disorder, or sexual dysfunction you selected.
- Explain the evidenced-based psychotherapy and psychopharmacologic treatment for the gender dysphoria, paraphilic disorder, or sexual dysfunction you selected.
- Support your rationale with references to the Learning Resources or other academic resource.