This final assignment will tie together the concepts you have studied over the past six weeks including the written assignments for weeks one through five.***ALL WEEKS ATTACHED***
During this course you will have investigated, analyzed, and evaluated the organizational design, operations strategy, human resource management, marketing, and legal landscape of your organization from a cross-functional diversity perspective.
From your research and your first five week assignments create a PowerPoint presentation that summarizes your findings and conclusions for each week. From these sections you will outline an organizational diversity strategy that aligns with the values, mission, and vision of the organization. The emphasis should be on functional diversity applying the course concepts on a personal learning level while exercising critical and creative thinking.
******The total presentation should be 30 – 40 slides.******
- Introduction: This section should include a title slide, table of contents slide(s), brief introduction to your organization slide including why you chose this organization, and the goals of your presentation. This section will should be 2 – 4 slides.
- Organizational overview: This section will summarize your written assignment from Week One. Your slides should describe the organizational structure, industry/product line, geographical locations, management and leadership, departments, divisions, other operational units, and any other information that you consider beneficial to your presentation. Summarize your evaluation of the structure and how this promotes and/or impedes diversity. Highlight the statements of organizational values, mission, and vision. Assess the alignment of the current structure with the organizational statements as they relate to diversity. This section should be 4 – 8 slides.
- Operations strategy and quality management: This section will summarize your written assignment from week two and will identify the functional internal stakeholders of the organization. This focus is on the function not the specific individuals who operate in the functional areas. Areas to consider include accounting, finance, human resources, legal, management, manufacturing, public relations, unions, etc. Include in your analysis any cross-functional teams that currently operate within the organization. Compare and contrast how these varied perspectives promote and/or impede diversity. Assess the alignment of the organizational strategy with functional diversity. This section should be 5 – 10 slides.
- Human resource management: This section will summarize your written assignment from week three and document issues related to diversity that you identified within existing corporate policies such as employee policies, handbooks, etc.; code of ethics; harassment and bullying; proprietary information; conflicts of interest; etc. Particular emphasis should be placed on codes of conduct, cultural diversity, functional diversity, human rights issues, etc. Evaluate the alignment of the organizational statements with these corporate policies. This section should be 5 – 10 slides.
- Marketing, public relations and corporate citizenship: This section will summarize your written assignment from week four. In addition to organizational efforts that promote products and services describe any policies or actions taken by the organization to encourage ethical behavior and social responsibility. Describe how these activities align with the stated vision and values of the organization. This section should be 2 – 4 slides.
- Legal landscape and other ethical issues: This section will summarize your written assignment from week five and identify the external stakeholders of the organization. Areas to consider include legal department (contracts, general liability, product liability, etc.), governmental agencies (regulators, taxing authorities, etc.), independent contractors, industry associations (competition, strategic alliances, etc.), suppliers, etc. Compare and contrast how these varied perspectives promote and/or impede diversity. Assess the alignment of the organizational statements with the identified external diversity. This section should be 4 – 8 slides.
- Summary, recommendations, and conclusions: Summarize your findings and research from this course. Identify at least three issues the organization can improve to better align corporate actions with the organizational values, mission, and vision as they relate to functional diversity. Recommend organizational strategies that would align the identified issues with corporate policies, practices, and procedures. Derive the benefits you gained from this project and present your conclusions for future considerations and research. This section should be 3 – 6 slides.
- Reference List: In addition to the textbook, include all sources used in preparing your five weekly assignments and any new sources you used for this presentation. These slides will be completed according to APA style as outlined in your approved style guide. This section should be 1 – 3 slides.
**TEXTBOOK REF BELOW**
Nickels, W. G., McHugh, J. M., McHugh, S. M. (2016). Understanding Business (11th ed.). Retrieved from https://redshelf.com