According to your readings, cloud computing represents one of the most significant paradigms shifts in information technology (IT) history, due to an extension of sharing an application-hosting provider that has been around for many years, and was common in highly regulated vertical industries like banks and health care institutions. The author’s knowledge from their research continue to assert that, the impetus behind cloud computing lies on the idea that it provides economies of scale by spreading costs across many client organizations and pooling computing resources while matching client computing needs to consumption in a flexible, real-time version.
Identify the issues and risks that pose concern to organizations storing data in the cloud – briefly support your discussion.
Please make your initial post and two response posts substantive. A substantive post will do at least two of the following:
- Ask an interesting, thoughtful question pertaining to the topic
- Answer a question (in detail) posted by another student or the instructor
- Provide extensive additional information on the topic
- Explain, define, or analyze the topic in detail
- Share an applicable personal experience
- Provide an outside source (for example, an article from the UC Library) that applies to the topic, along with additional information about the topic or the source (please cite properly in APA)
- Make an argument concerning the topic.
At least one scholarly source should be used in the initial discussion thread. Be sure to use information from your readings and other sources from the UC Library. Use proper citations and references in your post.
This is a required assignment worth 50 points (50-points/1000-points). Assignment must be submitted by the due date. No late assignments are allowed. Please discuss the following topics and provide substantive comments to at least two other posts.
. Use only 50-words max per topic to discuss and present your answer.
The discussion questions this week are from Chapter’s 6 & 7 (Jamsa, 2013).
- Describe how cloud-based data storage works.
- Many users do not yet feel comfortable storing data within the cloud. Discuss some steps you can take to reduce their concerns.
- List the pros and cons of cloud-based data storage.
- List the pros and cons of a cloud-based database.