Choose an ethnic or racial group different from your own heritage that immigrated to the U.S.: CUBANS
Create a 6-8 slide slideshow: describe the conditions that they left behind as well as the conditions they faced upon entering the US.
- Document the ethnic group you chose and their country of origin, include when they left (a range of decades is fine example: from 1870 – 1900).
- Explain why the Cubans left and what conditions they left behind.
- Explain the process the Cubans adhered to in order to enter the country.
- Analyze the general attitude of the US population at the time your group immigrated and choose what theory you would use to explain those attitudes.
- Compare and contrast the values and beliefs of the Cubans with the majority group in the United States.
- Describe similarities and differences in the interaction/communication styles of the Cubans and the US population at the time of your group’s arrival.
- Describe the current conditions in Cuba
- In your opinion was the journey worth it, would you have made the same decision they did?
- 3 references
- APA style