In this assignment, you will review infection rate data related to central line-associated bloodstream infections (CLABSIs), catheter-associated urinary tract infections (CAUTIs), and surgical site infections (SSIs) after colon surgery. Using the information provided in the Raw Data Example document, prepare a PowerPoint presentation to discuss with the organization’s operational excellence committee.
Think about how the data throughout your readings and course activities to date could have been assembled. Be prepared to cover the following:
- How was data was collected, and who collected it?
- What fields in the EHR were used to gather the information?
- What is the impact of meaningful use on data collection, EHR design, and quality outcomes?
- What are the implications of not collecting the data?
- What does the data tell you about the quality of patient care from 2015 to 2016? Is the overall infection rate higher or lower in 2016 when compared
- What is leadership’s role in disseminating the information and identifying ways to sustain or reduce the infection rates?
For assistance with developing your presentation, review the Meaningful Use Definition and Objectives webpage and the Raw Data Example document.
Guidelines for Submission: Your presentation should be submitted as a 10- to 15-slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation with sources cited in APA format.